The Unity Centre Inclusivity & Concessions
We aim to include all and help in as many ways as we can so everyone can enjoy and take part in our activities.
Treatments and Therapies
- Multi-bed clinics in small studio to offer accessibly priced treatments such as massage and acupuncture to those on low income.
- Reduced rate therapies are offered by recent graduates and students in training on our massage and reiki and training courses.
- Discretionary discounts on treatment room booking rates for therapists working with vulnerable or financially challenged groups. This saving then gets passed on to the client.
- 10% discount on therapy room hire offered to registered charities, CICs and social enterprise companies.
- Affordable Community Classes offered at least twice per week for £5 each. These classes are taught by well-qualified teachers who work at the centre on the main timetable on a rotation basis. When registering for this class the client agrees to confirm eligibility according to status as unemployed, in receipt of benefits etc and is told that they must be willing to produce evidence of their income status on visiting the centre.
- Specific classes are offered on the weekly timetable 3 times per week for targeted groups such as teenagers, recovering addicts and the elderly. These are charged at a reduced rate between £5 and £8. These will be programmed on a half termly basis so that we can reach different demographics.
- Yoga Classes with Trainee Teachers are offered to the public at low cost when training courses are running.
Workshops and Events
- Community Projects are targeted at specific groups who otherwise may not have access to such classes and services. These will encompass various needs and conditions, for example – stress related health conditions, stroke clubs, Parkinson’s, learning difficulties, autism support, carers support. These are funded by successful grant applications and donations.
- Outreach work supported by grant applications. Our teachers and therapists can work in care homes for the elderly, mainstream schools, special schools, youth clubs, prisons, homeless shelters and other community groups.
- Corporate events will benefit those in the workplace. Our half day and full day packages will be attractive to local employers as a way to look after the physical and mental wellbeing of their workforce.
Use of our studio spaces
- 10% discount offered to hirers of the studio spaces who are themselves: Registered Charities, CICs or Social Enterprise Companies. If they do not qualify in this respect they can write to us explaining why their group are deserving of a discount and that they are a not for profit organisation.
We encourage all practitioners, teachers, therapists and facilitators to offer occasional discretionary discounts on classes, memberships and individual spa treatments available to the following:
- People in receipt of Pension Credit, Universal Credit, Income Support, Working Tax Credit, Child Tax Credit or Job Seekers allowance.
A Local Authority benefit letter required.
- Full time Students (schools, further education, college or university).
A valid student card with an expiry date or letter from your place of education is required as proof.
- Children (12–16 years).
Note that the minimum age for the sauna and floatation facilities is 16. It may be possible for under 16s to float with an adult as the pool can accommodate two people.
- Those receiving Personal Independence Payment (PIP) or Disability Living Allowance (DLA) including free entry for a carer where appropriate.
Copy of entitlement is required.