Holistic Massage Diploma
The Unity Holistic Massage Diploma is a highly regarded professional certificate with the best governing body in holistic massage, Massage Training Institute (MTI).
The Unity Holistic Massage diploma is a highly regarded professional certificate with the best governing body in holistic massage, Massage Training Institute (MTI). Students enjoy a thorough, intensive and enlightening training that prepares and guides them in becoming an excellent holistic massage practitioner.
Successful graduates of the Unity Holistic Massage training may have the opportunity to join our team of therapists at Unity Centre Lewes where both individual and multi-bed clinics are offered.
About the course
Unity Holistic Massage Diploma has been running annually since 2002 and is accredited by the Massage Training Institute (MTI). Over nine months, students take a practical and theoretical journey through oil massage, various related techniques of massage (including Thai and other types of acupressure, reflexology, aromatherapy, Indian head massage, deep tissue, joint mobility, reiki, ritual, crystal therapy and much more) are included as workshops. As well as learning one of the most powerful mediums of touch, this diploma highlights the wellbeing of the practitioner.
The next Unity Holistic Massage Diploma start date has been postponed due to the Covid-19 pandemic. The Holistic Massage Taster Course dates will be announced soon.
“The course quality, detail and thoroughness surpassed my expectations. Sevanti’s approach, delivery and knowledge was outstanding. I have learnt enormously, and feel very confident with the skills and techniques I have been taught.” – Nicola Tarbuck
- A nine-month diploma, with over 200 hours of contact tuition time, recognised by MTI.
- Monthly long 2 to 3 day sessions at The Unity Centre in Lewes.
- 9.30am-5.30pm on the Thursdays then 9am-6pm other days.
- Course created and taught by Sevanti, assisted by Ali Walters, plus extra visiting tutors.
- 50/50 Practical & Theoretical study including clinic practices.
- Set coursework includes written assignments, a journal, Anatomy homework, receiving at least 10 treatments with written feedback, and giving at least 40 hours with written feedback; plus practical exam, anatomy exam and written paper set as homework.
- The tuition of an extensive range of Swedish Massage techniques, plus workshops in Thai Massage, Acupressure head, neck & shoulder Massage, Aromatherapy, Reflexology, Energy work & Relaxation, Intuitive Massage, Crystal Healing & Ritual, Deep Tissue Massage and more.
- Regular Yoga practice is included, plus workshops in meditational Movement & Dance, Tai Chi and regular seated meditation.
- Group sharing & co-listening.
- Specific sessions on Massage for the whole Community (inc pregnancy, children, the Elderly and those less able bodied), business & marketing and running your own business.
- Specific Anatomy, Physiology & Pathology by experienced teacher and current Chairman of MTI, Earle Abrahamson (A 6 day course).
- Small groups; a maximum of 10 students to allow a supportive family-like atmosphere.
- Supportive Teachers.
- Beautiful, homely space to learn in.
- A fun, awakening and inspiring personal journey.
“I found this diploma course to be excellent. The facilitator was both highly professional and gifted at imparting the knowledge in the best ways for us to learn as students as also was understanding, supportive and helpful when I came to experience challenges. I was particularly grateful for the support with the course in my own recovery from trauma.” – Shanti
- A telephone or face to face interview prior to acceptance to the course.
- Students must read the the full terms and conditions and student learning contract. These are in the prospectus, which you can download from this page. We require signed contracts to show that you understand and agree with the terms and conditions, including that if the student chooses to not continue the course the full course fees must still be paid and no monies are refundable.
- Ongoing support with admin and payment organisation.
- Access to information and support through MTI, plus the inclusion on the MTI database of Practitioners.
- A discount on student insurance.
- Information regarding bursaries and grants for those on a low income. Please contact Rosie at email@example.com
- Teaching manuals downloadable on Dropbox.
- A one-day Emergency First Aid at Work course, accredited by ITC and valid for three years. A valid first aid certificate is required, this is an additional £95.
- Reiki courses are available to supplement the training.
- The opportunity to be a part of a multi-bed clinic or offer treatments at Unity with marketing support after the course.
- As a student, you will be experiencing a powerful group journey together. We honour the holistic principles to create harmony and flow within the group.
- Our values underpin the flavour of the atmosphere that we create at Unity. Please read through these on our Unity Core Values section and feel if this is in harmony with what you are looking for.
- In addition to the internal and external assessment, the student is also assessed informally throughout the course in practical application, in addition to theoretical input and general conduct. The student must demonstrate the appropriate personal qualities expected of a massage practitioner during the course in order for them to receive their certificate.
- When considering the diploma please factor in time for your written assignments, journal, anatomy homework, receiving at least 10 treatments with written feedback, and giving at least 40 hours with written feedback; plus practical exam, anatomy exam and written paper set as homework.
- Students are required to arrive to classes and exams on time and hand in assessments and coursework on time. Download the prospectus for the full Ts & Cs.
- Unity has the right to terminate the students participation on the course. Download the prospectus for the full Ts & Cs.
For full information about the terms and conditions, syllabus and all topics covered in our Holistic Massage Diploma please download the prospectus.
“Excellent course, not only granting an individual all the skills of a Therapist, but giving them the ethics and personal development to be a wonderful Practitioner. Briliant Tutor, very inspiring.” – Caroline Milster
“Thank you for your encouragement, and your wide vision of what makes an excellent practitioner.” – Lawrence
Past students have succeeded in their teaching practice, establishing themselves as reputed holistic therapsists, teaching on retreats around the world, as well as running the Affordable Holistic Clinic at Unity.
The Unity Holistic Massage Diploma (MTI) will be held at The Unity Centre in Lewes. This new centre is housed at the old Turkish Baths in Lewes. The centre is fully equipped with yoga mats, bolsters, backjacks, blocks, belts, eye pillows and blankets. There is also a vegetarian/vegan cafe, treatment rooms, an Infra Red sauna, flotation tank and two beautiful rooms to teach diplomas and yoga classes, plus a range of different therapies. The Unity Centre is only 5 – 10 minute walk from Lewes train station.
“Thank you for all your patience, love and teaching. You have been someone who has been able to motivate me!” – Maria
“It has been a beautiful, and complete course, and it has exceeded my expectations. I have learnt so much, and you have helped me grow.” – Cherith
Holistic Massage Diploma – the diploma has been postponed due to the Covid-19 pandemic.
Session 1 – Thursday 4th – Saturday 6th February 2021
Session 2 – Thursday 18th – Saturday 20th March 2021
Session 3 – Thursday 22nd – Friday 23rd April 2021
Session 4 – Thursday 20th – Friday 21st May 2021
Session 5 – Thursday 18th – Friday 19th June 2021
Session 6 – Thursday 22nd – Friday 24th July 2021
Session 7 – Thursday 16th to Friday 17th September 2021
Session 8 – Thursday 7th to Friday 8th October 2021
- Coursework deadline: Noon on Thursday 21st October 2021
- Practical exams: Thursday 11th and Friday 12th November 2021
Anatomy, Physiology & Pathology dates 2021
- Class dates TBC
- Mock AP&P exam: Friday 14th May 2021
- Final AP&P exam: Friday 25th June 2021
First Aid Course 2021
- Saturday 8th May 2021 (additional £95)
“A thoroughly delightful learning experience. Theory and practical sessions were well planned and delivered with expertise. Attention to detail and a huge helping of compassion.” – Iain Neilson
Cost & Payment Plan
- Students can receive the reduced price of £3070 if the fee is paid before the start of the course
- £650 deposit (non-refundable) due
- The remaining balance of £2420 due by 1st November
- Please contact Rosie Chipping to discuss a possible payment plan leading up to the start date of the course
- Students have the option to pay by instalments, this fee is £3220
- We require a fee of £1610.00 (£650 non-refundable) due
- Followed by four monthly instalments of £402.50 to be paid on: 1st December 2020, 1st January 2021, 1st February 2020, 1st March 2021.
First Aid is an additional £95 (required unless valid First Aid certificate is already held).
PLEASE NOTE: A minimum of 8 students are required to run this course, a full refund will be given if you book and this is not fulfilled
If the student chooses to not continue the course the full course fees must still be paid and no monies are refundable. Please download the prospectus to see the full student learning contract and terms & conditions. Please note that we will be updating the prospectus with the 2020 prices and dates.
Grants & Bursaries
If you would like to learn more about the different grants and bursaries we recommend visiting the links below:
- Lawrence Atwell Charity – offers grants up to £1500 for those under 26 from disadvantaged backgrounds for vocational training. Find out more
- Princes Trust – Offers up to £500 for those aged up to 30 who are not employed. Find out more
- Reid Trust – Offers up to £1500 for women educated in Britain – next funding round will be in 2020. Find out more
- Al Mizan Charitable Trust – Offers up to £500 for people to access training who would be in hardship – e.g single mothers. Find out more
- The Thomas Wall Trust – Up to £1000 to help people offer vocational courses – prioritise those who have faced hardship. Find out more
Please contact Rosie at firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to find out about the Unity Bursary or if you have any questions.
SevantiHolistic Massage Diploma Tutor
Ali WaltersAssisting Tutor
Earle AbrahamsonAnatomy, Physiology & Pathology Tutor
Is an interview required to be accepted onto the diploma?Yes. This will be possible by telephone.
Who will conduct the interview?Sevanti
Will I need to pay a deposit?Yes.
How much will the deposit cost?£650
Can I spread the cost of the diploma?Yes, but the students will receive a discounted price if they pay the full fee before the start of the diploma. See our payment options or contact Rosie, the Unity School Manager, to discuss payment options.
Are there grants/bursaries available for the Holistic Massage Diploma?
Do I need to take part in the Anatomy, Physiology & Pathology classes if I already have a certificate?It is mandatory for students to study the AP&P for the Holistic Massage Diploma (MTI).
Is accommodation included in the price?No.
Is there accommodation?No. Please contact us to find out more about accommodation options in Lewes.
Will I have to fill out a medical form for the diploma?Yes.
What if I don’t have a doctor?We are happy for you to give this form to a nutritionist, holistic doctor or yoga tutor that meets with you on a regular basis.
Is the medical form important?Yes, we need this to ensure that our students are physically and mentally stable in order to complete the diploma.
Is there coursework?Yes, this may build to a minimum of 8 hours per week.
If I can’t make every date can I reschedule?Yes, but this will be an extra fee as stipulated in the prospectus. Often a catch up session will be mandatory in order to thoroughly understand the course material.
If I miss a class due to illness or unforeseen circumstances will I need to pay to retake the class?Yes, in most cases. Unity will offer as much flexibility as possible, and will aim to support the student as best as we can.
If I fail the exam will I need to pay a fee to retake the exam?Yes.
I already have a First Aid certificate, do I still need to take the First Aid course at Unity?It is required that you have a valid (taken within the past 3 years) ‘First Aid in the workplace’ certificate. If you already have this and it is valid then you do not need to take the First Aid course with us.
If I do take the First Aid course at Unity is this is included in the total fee?No, this is an additional £95.
Is there parking near the studio and is it free?There is pay & display parking nearby. Please contact us for more information.
Do I need to bring lunch?Yes or you can buy food at our vegetarian/vegan cafe. You can also go to one of the shops and cafes nearby.
“This course has been fantastic. Sevanti has so much knowledge and experience in so many areas that it has been such a pleasure to be introduced to so many techniques. I feel the Meditation, Yoga and Dance really made me more conscious of taking more care of myself – in terms of massage, and life in general. MTI, you are so lucky to have such a fantastic Tutor on board!” – Theresa Reid