First Aid at Work
A one-day ITC Level 3 Award in Emergency First Aid at Work (RQF) taught by Flora Schnider (Elements First Aid Training). The next course will be on Sunday 17th May 2020.
Emergency First Aid at Work (EFAW) for Yoga Teachers and Therapists at Unity Studio & School, Brighton.
Unity will be holding a one-day ITC Level 3 Award in Emergency First Aid at Work (RQF) taught by Flora Schnider (Elements First Aid Training). This practical one day course not only includes the topics required by the Heath and Safety Executive (HSE) for the Emergency First Aid at Work (EFAW) qualification certificate, but has been developed further to incorporate common situations that may occur whilst doing yoga and studio work.
Prescribed by the Health and Safety Executive (HSE) and includes the following:
- The importance of preventing cross infection.
- The need for recording incidents and actions.
- The use of available equipment.
- Assess the situation and circumstances in order to act safely, promptly and effectively in an emergency.
- Administer first aid to a casualty who is unconscious (including seizure).
- Administer cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR).
- Correct use of an Automated External Defibrillator (AED).
- Administer first aid to a casualty who is choking.
- Administer first aid to a casualty who is wounded and bleeding.
- Administer first aid to a casualty who is suffering from shock.
- Provide appropriate first aid for minor injuries (including small cuts, grazes and bruises, minor burns and scalds, small splinters).
This course is accredited by ITC.
Date & Time
Sunday 17th May 2019 9am – 5pm
Please arrive at the studio just before 9am, those that arrive after 9am won’t be allowed to take part in the training.
This course will be held at The Unity Centre, Lewes. This peaceful haven has a vegetarian/vegan cafe plus space for yoga classes, art therapies and art classes, art exhibitions, treatment rooms, a float spa and an infra red sauna.
The course cost is £95 including all literature and certification.
We require payment at least 4 weeks before the course date.
Flora Schnider is a qualified Emergency Medical Technician with the London Ambulance Service. She has over fifteen years experience on frontline ambulances in central London and founded Elements First Aid in 2006. As Centre Manager and Training Director, she has been delivering ITC, Ofqual and SQA qualifications for the last ten years.